There is a big surge is SPAM, phishing and hacking. This is affecting a lot of companies.
We are all getting tons on SPAM emails, unwanted messages on our websites, blogs and contact forms.
Unfortunately hacking is not going anywhere and it’s going to keep occurring.
To minimize hacking and exposure it’s important to:
- update your password on a regular basis.
- Create complex passwords
- Be careful when navigating the web, clicking on links, etc…
- Make sure you are on an official website when you enter passwords and information. on many occasions we get emails that look real, even the from line and source looks good. But they may be a hacker who is trying to get your info.
- Be careful with emails you may get (that may include virus)
- Keep all computers clean and updated.
- Update and Run good anti-virus,
- be vigilant and attentive
- delete all emails and information added to your blog that you consider appropriate.
- Logout of your account when using them.
You can also add more restrictions, limit access to users, remove plugins and applications that are more susceptible to hacking, but in some cases it’s difficult when you have many users, employees using email accounts, members with different passwords, blogs, plugins and other susceptible applications.
There are some website security protections that can be implemented. We can integrate 24/7 website security with firewall and daily scanning and potential malware files removal. This will give you some peace of mind and minimize hacks and clean your website from malware whenever is infected. However, people will be able to still participate on blogs, send spam via email and via contact forms. It also may cause delays on updates for your website because it will take a bit longer for information added to propagate. If you would like to learn more about website protection, please contact XMS – Xperience Marketing Solutions. https://xperiencemarketingsolutions.com/contact-us/
We all hope we had a magic bullet and a perfect solution, but unfortunately there is some bad people out there that have nothing better to do.
So be vigilant and attentive and take as many precautions as possible.
Reference: Xperience Marketing Solutions